The Eurail (Europe by Train) pass lets you travel in most of the popular countries in Europe inexpensively and at your own pace.
You have four choices:
- Global Pass up to 28 countries
- Select Pass 4 countries of your choice,
- Regional Pass 2 countries
- One country pass
Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation, or Turkey are not eligible to purchase or use these rail passes.
Like all businesses marketing, advertising is geared to selling us something not providing us clear concise information. The information you need is usually covered in several paragraphs of unreadable small print. In the excitement of setting up our travel plans, however, sometimes people do not read the fine print on documents. This could get you into trouble!
Here are some of the rules and regulations you need to know about the Europass:
- Europasses are only mailed to a street address. They will NOT mail it to a P.O. Box address.
- Rail passes must be validated within six months of purchase date at the train station by a railway official.
- The railway official will write the passport number on your rail pass.
- When a saver pass is purchased all travelers in the party must be present when validating the rail pass in Europe.
- Rail passes must be be validated prior to boarding the first train or before using a passholder bonus.
- The date of travel must be entered into the corresponding box on the rail pass by the traveler before boarding the first train of the day or when utilizing a passholder bonus.
- Travelers must either carry a passport or U.S Military ID in order to travel with this rail pass.
- Rail passes are 85% refundable up to one year after the purchase date IF the rail pass has not been validated or used. You must send back the original tickets for a refund.
- Rail passes are non refundable if lost or stolen except as covered by their “Rail Protection Plan” insurance policy.
- Reservations and supplements are not included in the rail pass; there is an additional cost for these. Prices are subject to change.
- If you want to take your grandchildren, their “Children Travel Free Initiative” allows up to two children ages 4-11 to travel free with an adult using an Adult Eurail Pass.
For up-to-date information on Eurail, please visit: www.eurailgroup.org
Peace of Mind: Priceless
Travel Concierge, Sara Raney, is an Alaska and Antarctica Specialist. Having traveled to over 100 countries herself, Sara has the knowledge and experience to make travel plans and special arrangements for her clients (things you wouldn’t even think of) so that you can relax and enjoy a wonderful, memorable, hassle-free vacation!
Join Sara on one of her escorted cruises to
Alaska, Panama, Canada/New England, and more!
Sara is the author of the Amazon best-seller: “Senior Travel Guide: How to Survive Squatty Potties and More!” (available on Amazon and on major cruise lines).