Morocco is the gateway to Africa and can be seen from the Rock of Gibraltar. The Barbary apes found in Gibraltar came from Morocco. They are considered old World monkeys due to their lack of a tail. This fascinating country that has been in movies and songs for years will amaze you with its impressive mountain ranges, ancient cities, and the Sahara Desert. The third largest desert in the world after Antarctica and the Arctic. Ladies especially single ladies #15 will give you nightmares, that is unless you are prepared to accept the challenge.
1. People share stories, water, food, money, everything.
2. People listen – when they meet, women often all talk at once.
3. Respect for elders and family comes before work.
4. Trees are sacred – palm trees are essential, too, like in the desert – cannot be cut down.
5. Home is where women rule, and secrets are kept. The street is the domain of men where anything goes – and it sometimes does.
6. Women traveling alone to prevent sexual harassment dress appropriate, pretend to know your environment and avoid unnecessary eye contact.
7. Food and water are served from a communal bowl and glass.
8. Eat from the section of the bowl that is in front of you. Never reach across the bowl.
9. Scoop the food with a piece of bread or the thumb and first two fingers of the right hand.
10. Do bring toilet paper – bathrooms are flat porcelain hole in the ground. I suggest wearing closed-toe shoes and be able to hang your purse around your neck.
11. In Islamic cultures, the left hand is considered unclean toilet paper is rarely used by the senior population, the left hand is considered unclean, as this is the hand with which a person performs sanitary tasks.
12. Way to make money, you will find someone selling toilet paper and a can of water at the entrance of most bathrooms.
13. Moroccans, therefore, rarely eat with their left hand, perhaps only using it to drink or maybe to pass the bread.
The food is delicious however it would be hard for me to sit on the floor eat food from a communal bowl with my fingers. I do encourage you to try the food, however, in this case, be careful. You do not want to get Norovirus
(stomach flu). It will destroy your vacation. In other words, you do not know where those fingers have been.